Luxhub is hiring a Legal Officer
We connect you.
LUXHUB is a leading FinTech, with the singularity and strength of being the 2nd largest API Open Banking Hub in Europe. Our purpose is to empower the entire digital ecosystem to embrace the challenges and take advantage of the opportunities within Open Banking and Open Finance.
In order to achieve this, we have taken a structured approach in addressing the core challenges faced by banks and financial institutions during the initial phases of Open Finance.
First, there is compliance; then connection; then collaboration.
Our three state-of-the-art products have been developed to provide effective solutions for each of these aspects - XS2A enables banks and financial institutions to comply with the PSD2 Directive; LUXHUB One is an integration layer providing access to any bank via a unified API for account aggregation and payment initiation; and our Marketplace will create a collaborative community of financial services actors and provide a platform dedicated to connecting, testing, integrating, and nurturing innovative financial solutions. And this is why we do need YOU!
We are creating our team with skilled, motivated, open-minded, entrepreneurial people: we are therefore looking for an exceptional Legal Officer, who will ensure the firm’s regulatory and legal compliance on a day-to-day basis.
You will join a rapidly expanding team of 27 across all departments, with a high level of skill, motivation, openness and entrepreneurial spirit. LUXHUB is also a diverse, international company, with 11 different nationalities already represented across the workforce.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Follow-up on legal / regulatory changes affecting the company, in order to anticipate / manage legal risks;
- Follow-up on regulatory changes in the EU affecting the company’s business
- Act as the first point of contact for legal matters within the Company as well as with clients
- Draft, review and negotiate various agreements and SLAs to be entered into between with clients, providers, partners
- Manage the preparation and follow-up of Board meetings (producing agendas, taking minutes, handling communications before and after meetings)
- Take care of AML / CFT obligations (customer due diligence of regulated entities in the context of client acceptance and monitoring)
- Define, implement and improve procedures, processes and best practices of the function, based on the available policies and other documents
- Prepare and present periodic reports for both the Authorised Management and the Board
- Around 5 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in a technology intensive company and / or in the financial sector
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, great attention to detail
- Balance a self-motivated, independent work as well as strong team spirit
- Comfortable within a start-up environment, with a demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit
- Perfectly fluent (both written and verbal) in French and English; any other language will be considered as a real advantage
If you are interested in working in a start-up environment, facing new challenges everyday together with a highly motivated team, please send by email your application with detailed curriculum vitae to “email@example.com” – reference “Legal Officer”
You are hereby informed that LUXHUB will process your personal data within the context of the recruitment process when you answer to one of our job offers or send us an application spontaneously. LUXHUB is in this context acting as data controller and your personal data will be disclosed internally with the relevant persons involved in the recruitment process. In order to verify the accuracy of the information provided, LUXHUB may perform checks based on professional related information available on public websites. LUXHUB will store your personal data for a period of up to six (6) months from the date of closure of the recruitment process. If you want to exercise your data subject access rights please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or LUXHUB, Attn. DPO, 153-155D Rue du Kiem, L-8030 Strassen. In accordance with applicable data protection legislation, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the CNPD.